Thursday, June 7, 2007

Josh is getting angry!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Josh was in a good mood when I arrived at CareMeridian this morning, but that soon changed.  My girlfriend, Lizzy, came to the facility and Josh was joking with us about his shoes.  Lizzy tells him she likes his shoes.  Josh laughs..."I have more shoes here than I have at home."  He is acting appropriately and charming. 

Lizzy and I go to lunch.  When I return, Josh is angry.  He tells me to "Get out.  Just get out of here!"  He was really shouting.  The nurses came in.  I left the room.  He tells Nurse Reggie "I love my mother a lot...I just don't want her to see me this way..."   He tells her "I want to run.  I want to get out of here..." I disappeared for a while.

When I came back, Josh had settled down.  Natalie arrived.  We talked about what happened that early morning in Tucson.  Josh is asking "where was I?"  I tell him he was at his buddy Mike's house.  He looks really worried and upset.  Again, I reassure him that everything will be okay and that he is getting better everyday.  I tell him he is getting great care and will soon be able to take care of himself and do everything he did before.  I tell him he just has to work with the therapists.  He says "ok".   He then tells me "We have to go back to Tucson to finish school."  I tell him he had to take a break from school because of what happened. Josh is upset...  He is shaking his head saying, "I don't know." 

 Josh's mind is ahead of his body and he is frustrated. 

Later that day,  two of his college friends came to visit and he was acting appropriately.  He was intently staring at Jade, a beautiful girl,  talking exclusively with her.  He asked her if she had gone to the mall yet.  He made everyone laugh.  He told Jade and Mitch he was getting oxygen treatments downtown.

I am still waiting to hear from the doctor of the facility.  I want the trach out.  Josh said he wanted some water.  He said the trach was bothering him.  The nurses say this is all a great sign and he's on his way.  I am frustrated with waiting.  It bothers me that the trach would be in there longer than necessary since you constantly have to moisturize the throat with mist.  Josh is pulling at everything.  We constantly have to tell him to be patient...that this is a temporary thing.

We'll see what today brings.  Oh by the way, Josh unbuckled the seat belt to the wheelchair so his hand coordination is coming back.  The nurses are watching him closely so he does not injure himself.  Josh wants OUT!!!    

 

No comments: