Sunday, June 10, 2007

Josh is doing great today!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Josh has his oxygen treatment today at 9:40 a.m., 1 hour at 1.8 atmospheres.  Josh was cooperative and did great.  He intently studies his surroundings as we are in the van going downtown.  He calls the driver Eddie.  I tell Josh the driver's name is Mike but when I think of it, he looks like a friend of mine named Eddie. 

Josh does well in the chamber.  When we get him out of the chamber and in the wheelchair, he tells Mike, the driver, that he better get gas before he takes off.  Josh makes us laugh.  He then tells us he wants to go to a Padre game.  I tell him I gave Sunday's tickets to Ben, the hbot tech and Josh gets mad.  "Why did you do that?"  I tell him that Ben is a great guy and has been helping us with his oxygen treatments.   Josh nods. 

My brother Mike calls.  I hold the phone to Josh's ear and he says hi.  Don't know whether he understood what Mike was telling him.  After we hung up, Josh mentions Mike's country club.   I tell him when he gets better he can go to Houston and play golf with Mike and Tyler.  I tell him Tyler is at Boy Scout Camp.  Josh nods.    He is understanding what I am saying. 

We arrive back at CareMeridian.  Josh falls asleep in his wheelchair and I take off for the day because it's prom night and I am having a pre-prom party at the house.  Natalie is so excited.  It's her first prom!!  

 

No comments: