Sunday, August 12, 2007

Josh gets a visit from Daisy ...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Today I had the brilliant idea of bringing Daisy to visit Josh...so off we went.  Daisy is not the sharpest tool in the shed and I was afraid she would jump out of the car as we sped down the freeway.  But all went well.  She made it to the hospital unscathed and Josh was thrilled to see her! 

He was pretty happy for a while, but then all he said was, "Mom, let's go.  Mom, let's get out of here.  Let's go HOME."  That was pretty sad.  Finally I had Natalie leave with Daisy.  She was two minutes gone when I said to Josh, "Hey, Joshy, did you enjoy seeing Daisy today?"  Josh says, "I didn't see Daisy today...."  I asked him the question hoping he would remember.  This short term memory thing is killing me.  I mean it's bad.  It's worse than "Ten Second Tom" in 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore.  At least Tom was articulate and could walk and take care of himself....       It has to get better.  Dr. S warned me not to "test" him like that.  But, it's hard not to.  You just want everything to be okay.  You want to see a monumental breakthrough.  But it's not like that...  "it's not a sprint, it's a marathon."  I am truly sick of that statement and actually it is not even true.  It's not a marathon.  It's more like a long journey with crazy detours and mazes which lead you down paths of despair and anquish to test your endurance...  it's hard to stay positive ...

Shortly after Natalie left with Daisy, Josh fell fast asleep...so I zippered him up in his Posey Bed and left.  He looked beautiful and peaceful.  I hope he heals while he sleeps...  They say the brain heals while you sleep.  

I'm ready to go to Bora Bora... 

 

 

I am just beside myself with grief. 

 

No comments: